Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wandering boots tour: Day 25 Flying the boots home





By the numbers
1 plane
2 airports
21kg bag
Too many books
7,728 steps
5.34kms
I had a decent sleep though I had to get up early to leave for the airport. I wasn’t flying out until early afternoon, but wanted to be there at the opening of the checkout. The hostel wasn’t too bad in leaving as there had been another guy leaving just as early. The night before of the guys in the room asked me what there was to see in the city since he had seen me wander out with a bag early in the morning. I don’t usually come back until around 7pm at the latest as I tend to be doing what I want and having food on the way back before relaxing for the rest of the night. I told the guy where I had been though I don’t think he really understood, but that there is plenty to see in the city. My bag did feel pretty heavy though I would soon find out why when I checked in.

Once at the airport I went to the baggage weight thing and it was not working when I dumped my bag onto it. Thinking that I cant wander around without checking in especially when the international security part does not open until around 1130. The first time I got here with that I was not impressed, but these days it does not bother me in the slightest. The airport is going through refurbishment so by the end of the year it will be a little bit bigger for the passengers and being the Capital city of New Zealand should be the place it needs. I was able to check in 20 mins early and found my bag to be 21 kilos and I went h oh to the lady. She was alright until finding the flight was fully booked and asked me to remove an item. I removed a book and the weight was down. Luckily I didn’t buy those two books I was looking at yesterday. One being on Richard Seddon and the other on the Waitangi Treaty. I have an emergency exit seat so I shall see what happens there.

Turns out there was something wrong and the plane was delayed nearly an hour. I don’t know what was happening at the time, but I was happy to have free wifi though depending on where I walked the internet would cut out for a little bit. The time came that we were meant to be boarding though a little bit afterwards we were boarding the plane though we soon found out why. I couldn’t quite tell over the captains mumble other than it was a staffing issue on the Gold Coast side. I was happy since I had my music and the book I was reading though only got so far into it before we were landing again on the other end. For some reason I had to turn my data on as it did not automatically turn on. I found this strange though must be that I kept on picking up wifi over my entire trip. It was not a huge problem that the data did not automatically come up and I was glad to be back. I thought I would the boots looked at when going through customs, but they sent me to the green line where I would walk right out. I think I need new boots soon regardless.

Once I got home and sorting out my loot, I found I had actually gotten a few books from New Zealand. More than I had expected from all different subjects though I would try to read them. You can never have enough books. Now is time to get on with all routines to try to get everything back to normal. I have gone through a bit of the country and found heaps to occupy my mind and out toured a tour guide. Been to places that I will head back to one day and look at exploring more. That shall be for the next trip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment