Friday, February 12, 2016

Solo travel – Wandering Boots





Earlier today I was listening to a podcast while wandering through the Mangaokewa Gorge scenic reserve about solo travel. Sure it was about women and how the two interviewers went about their adventures. I thought it was a great interview especially when I am happy to wander on my own through parts of New Zealand though most of my tours tends to be solo trips with the occasional visits to family.

When I first started travelling I didn’t realise how big the world was especially when I tend to have regular short trips away to New Zealand thats a short flight from Australia that I tend to do every year. I do not mind the solo travel as it is doing my own thing like long walks that take me anywhere though depending on the weather I can end up in many different places and don’t have to do things with other people who are around. I do find things are cheaper especially when I can stay in hostels. I think as I go I learn something new about where I am travelling to.

At the moment of writing I am in Te Kuiti, a town that caught my interest last year when I went through  after leaving Otorohanga, which is just up the road. I catch the bus to my destination and usually go from there. I am that person who loves history so tends to find something new within a town that gets my attention. I sometimes make a blog about that location like say Ruapekapeka Pa that I visited several years ago or a video as well of something that might catch someones attention.

I would never call myself a travel expert as there are others out there that travel far and wide. Though my blogs tend to float near to being family posts, but I post so everyone can read where my blogs so they know what I am up to any where I might end up next. I have had some people at work tell me that I am very brae for travelling on my own. I find various ways to resist boredom like reading a book, writing a blog or even wandering around listening to my podcasts or music that I bring along with me. I see many people that travel on their own though I don’t always talk to them as we are all doing our own things.

I do love in the podcast how one of the ladies mentions don’t drink too much. I see that nearly all the time, but I drink only one or two. Drinking loads of booze til you pass out in a strange place is never a great idea. All I am doing is writing to say how I liked listening to the podcast. It is interesting to listen how the real bloggers have gotten their way through the world though I have not really read many travel blogs. I see some following me on Twitter, but they might be more interested in where I am off to next in my New Zealand adventures. I will keep going with my travels in New Zealand for a while longer yet.

Link
Travelling Solo

No comments:

Post a Comment