Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Zealand Wandering Boots tour Day 4 Resting boots, family boots




By the numbers
3.3kms
4,790 steps
1 Book – Mort by Terry Pratchett

Today not much really happened other than meeting up with another family member, Donna who is also sorting out the family tree came over to see us. I had not met her before, but I think I either impressed her with what I did have or surprised her to the point once she receives some of what I do have it will take her a while to get through the information. I don’t always share what I do have. I think we both realised that we had a little problem and that was there was a need for a little USB stick so we could transfer some information over to each other.

I did relax for most of the day by reading a book, which I did finish so that means I will read another pretty soon as my restive state dictates that I will do that. Hot cross buns were great to eat as well. I thought it was best to go for a short walk and found that my new pair of shorts really do need a belt as I had to keep pulling them up though they never went down around my ankles. Nothing will ever be as bad as running around Southern Cross Railway station with shoelaces undone and trousers falling down with a huge bag on my back all because I had walked towards the wrong train on the correct platform.

I took a round trip past the Whangarei Waterfalls, which was where my 3kms came into the picture. I didn’t think that my slow wander with shorts that had several things in their pockets was that bad. There were plenty of people around enjoying the park at the start of the falls. I had the thought that I could take an early morning walk tomorrow to AH Reed Park and go back from there. It wouldn’t take very long at all and I would then be refreshed for the rest of the day. I think in the afternoon we would be having a look at the Quarry gardens. I did have a thought about the immigration customs card as I had made a huge mistake with the address I was saying at with my grandparents. Would they actually check your email and phone number to see if they are real and look up the house number of the address you are staying at.

Once I got back and cleaned up, Donna had come back with a USB full of mysteries and I gave her mine in trade. Though a little guilty taking a brand new one at the same time. I think I have provided enough information so that she will keep occupied for some time. Some of the pictures I gave her I found she had given me too. I think that will be really funny. I should be doing more work like this and trading with family to see what I do happen to have that is useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment