Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Technological problems for travel

Something you do not want to happen when planning your trip to another country or even locally is for all your data on your computer to suddenly vanish. Several weeks ago my computer decided it didn't want to work properly and I could not transfer anything to an external drive. Only several things could be salvaged and I could not access my emails through outlook express.

This meant all my flight details and other bookings I had made were all within my emails. The only paper record I had was my planner that I had written up onto a calendar with the dates. I was only a little worried and knew I could recover everything that I had lost from my computer as it was only simple I was able to call the airline companies to get hold of my itineraries and the people who had my accommodation details too. Luckily I was able to retrace my steps and get everything that I had lost, back.

Consider the lesson learnt. What I have done is create an online email account through Yahoo and backed everything up through the account to make it easy to login and find the email. In the past I have had emails on my computer and no way to access my computer from home as I had been in another country or forgotten to print something off.

No comments:

Post a Comment