Monday, October 22, 2012

Euro tour day 23 Annoyance in Berlin



Euro trip day 23

I got up half hour earlier than i was expecting as my room mate rocked up at 5.30 am. I thought this was the time I should get up as I would not sleep for half hour. I got up and checked out down stairs which I waited so I could get a bus to the zoo gardens where the train would get me to the airport.

Arriving at the train station I was well and truely stumped by a ticket machine that I spent 20 mins trying to work out. I was going to wait until 8am for when the ticket office opened. After around the 5th go I was able to get a ticket. I wont be able to reproduce this again as I still am not sure how I got it. The machine had English, so i was able to figure things out eventually. I think it is because airport is a different word in German. When I was on the train the lady looked at my ticket and did say that it was the right one although it cost me 3 euro. I thought this was too little, but not complaining. I was able to get to the airport and it was a nice walk from the train to the actual airport itself. I had half hour before I could check in and I found food during that time. I checked in, but the lady told me the bag was not allowed on the travel thing behind her and to take it to another point, so I did and it went through. I did find spiderman and Thor comics in German and this would be the best way to learn as I have a copy of one already in English. I changed some ringit to Euro and ended up with around 30 euro from 160 ringit. The poor lady had to look it up in her book on money as she never seen it before.

The trip to Paris was a nice plane ride although I did more reading than anything else. Getting on Easy jet was interesting as you just chose the seat you wanted to sit in and mine was a window seat that had me direct in the sun. When I landed I got distracted and lost at Orly airport where I eventually found the baggage hall. It was lucky as the bags had not gone through by that time. The trip to the city of Paris was interesting and I did find that I am lost if I do not have a rail map, so I can jump on and off the trains. I did find that the hostel wont let you in before 4pm and i had arrived just after 2pm.

After checking in and getting lost trying to find the place where I had to pick up my tickets for the museum tour, I went to a show that I had booked in Paris. Getting lost even though i had directions and everything. I blame the metro tunnels. This show was Dracula spectactla. It was spectacular alright and they used the whole stage and even running around amongst the audience. I enjoyed it even though I did not know what they were saying as it was all French. There were dancers everywhere including a one legged dancer who used crutches and was actually part of the story too. I had missed dinner as I had been doing other things and ended up eating before midnight. A quick bite at the good old maccas.

No comments:

Post a Comment