Monday, October 22, 2012

Euro tour day 26 and 27 To Singapore



Euro tour day 26 and 27

The trip to the airport was really easy since I had taken the same route as when I had arrived in Paris although I was dropped off at a different terminal. I was able to check in and get through to the immigration passport stamping without a hitch. I did find that there were plenty of top of the range clothing stores which included Armani and also they were selling caviar too which i had not seen before. This was something new and it must be France that does stuff like this. I would have but I had no idea what I was looking at other than it was pretty pricy. I bought drinks and other things that I needed for my flight.

The flight took around 13 hours and when we landed I panicked a little as I was given a gate number to be at, yet it was on the other side of the terminal where I could not access. I was in the international area where The Terminals 1 to 18 were, but I had been given Y1 and I was told to go through immigration and that was not where I wanted to end up as I could not leave that way. I then asked one of the security people who I then had to follow tyo one of the gates where one of the guys there would help me out. I was told to wait and soon found I was not the only one who was confused and lost especially when one other had the same gate number, but different destination. When my time came I was able to take a very long walk around the terminal to get to the plane that was bound for Singapore. I was the first one on and the plane was hot as in no air con and I was not worried about the extra heating.

I got my first sight of Singapore when I was about to land and that was of all the sips hanging around the country. There was not one or two shipping containers, but over 100 or so and all of different sizes. I knew this was where they mainly parked their ships while waiting for their assignments. Changi airport was huge and I did think it was funny how we parked smack bang between two Qantas jets. One budget airline with the big guns of the air. I was starting to wonder where the immigration desk was as I was walking towards the baggage claim and then I came across what I was looking for. The area was very simple and easy to walk through. I even had a new stamp in my passport with Singapore as my destination and I think this is cool. Waiting outside in the arrivals was the one person i had been talking to for a while and was just about to meet in person. Dawn from Singapore along with another lady through uni, Margie both of whom we talk to nearly all the time. I thought it was pretty funny how I was taller than Dawn and we had breakfast in the airport before sorting through our plans and dropping me off at the hostel to leave my things there. Checkin was not until 12.30 pm and we had 2 hours to kill so went out exploring.

Around this time I was getting tired and we did order Chinese and not like what we got back at home. It was noticed that I was going to crash and very soon. I was wanting to get some sleep. We went back to the hostel and Dawn went home. I actually totally crashed for a few hours and felt better when I got up again. This time I caught the MRT rail to orchard and was getting annoyed when the machine would spit the notes back at me. Seems you can reimburse your card of the booking fee for the ticket. This was around $1. I wandered around Orchard Avenue looking at the pretty lights and then got something to eat. I wandered around the Ion shopping centre and bought some shorts that were superman shorts which I thought was cool. I did learn how to get back to my hostel. The hostel is really basic. The lockers are outside the rooms and I am in mixed dorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment