Monday, October 22, 2012

Euro tour day 8



Euro tour day 8

I had to laugh this morning when leaving the hostel.  The guy at the desk couldn’t find my booking and was adamant there was no room 112 even though I had the key card and the fact IO said i was right across from the laundry. The weather for today is wet leaving Newcastle although I have found one way to get to the train station without getting wet. By using the Metro entrance I can cross under the road and have no problems walking to the ticket gates. The funny thing about the metro is the ticket gates do not work so you could in fact get through without paying until you get caught and charged 20 pounds or prosecuted. It is only 1.50 pounds to travel zone one.

Yesterday was the first time I withdrew money from the bank and I thought it was really good as I have been here for at least a week and just used cash and my account for accommodation. I think this shows how frugal I am with money and can save where ever I go. Although that didn’t stop me from buying several things from the comic convention. The latest manga I was after hell yeah. 

The trip into London was not too bad although I was able to get my washing done at the hostel before I checked in. There was a problem as I was waiting as I ordered food and the food became very late. They kept on telling me it was coming. The dishwasher had apparently broke down, but it gave me time to get my washing done. I ended up checking in as I had to put my jeans through   twice.

I went out to Camden before going towards the O2 which was for the wrestling. This was before dark and I also wanted to visit Canary wharf as there was a sculpture i wanted to see. It was lucky that I did as the Jubilee line was not working and there were huge crowds. I ended up taking the ferry to the O2 where I found that I had made a mistake. The wrestling was not on until next week where I would be in the city anyway. I had turned up a week early. I was not too worried and I watched the thew only tube line stop working and decend to utter chaos for around half an hour. I was watching what was going on and tossing up catching the bus or the ferry to Canary Wharf so I can see the Greenwich observatory. The line actually got working again and I ended up at Greenwich although I gave up trying to find the observatory as it was dark and I had no idea where to go. I did see the laser light from the ferry, but had no idea where to go. I decided to call it a night as I will be heading to Cambridge to meet friends in the morning and by the time I found my way it would be very late.

No comments:

Post a Comment