Monday, October 22, 2012

Euro tour day 30 Singapore museum



Euro tour day 30

Today Is going to be my last full day in Singapore and I had planned other than meeting up with my friend Dawn for dinner, was to visit the National Museum of Singapore. It was a hot and stuffy day the sort of day you would visit the place like that. I did not want another day wandering around as i did not feel that energetic at all. Might be just the toast I have had for breakfast along with some very bad coffee. I did feel better later after I had lunch and my aches and pains did go away.

I visited the national museum of Singapore and bought a ticket for $11 entry since this would get me into see the paintings that were in Musee d’Orsay. The gallery was not bad at all and I spent some time wandering in it. The art was from Paris and depicted several different topics from warfare to work. When I entered I was asked to give my bag to the ladies as this was something that was not permitted in the particular exhibit. I misheard the bloke standing at the door thinking he wanted me to place everything in my pockets into my bag. I had done this yesterday with the Singapore flyer and I had plenty in my pockets. I took out two phones, one wallet, one camera, some change, keys and my door card for the hostel. The guy explained and I did say sorry, but I had mis understood him and it was all cool. I bet this happens all the time.

By the time I had lunch and visited the History section of the museum the day was nearly over and I did find it interesting walking along the events path of the museum with my audio guide. I was listing to just about everything from the Singapore stone to what had been happening with the individuals during the war. The path from colonial rule to independence was really interesting especially when the airline split from Malaysia and went their own way changing international flight forever. They were the ones who started the free full service food and drink thing without charging for it although the group that was in charge did not like it. The exhibition was both video and audio about the individual exhibits.

That night I went out with Dawn and had dinner with her as she was showing me the culinary delights of Eastern food. I was again subjected to decent food and tried out my chopstick skills although seems no one likes them as I was given a fork. I wasn’t worried although I did try to figure out what people were saying and also do not go eat late at night, but early around 6pm before the mad rush for food takes place. After leaving Dawn from the foodie place in Newton which I cant remember the name of. I wandered to Orchard Avenue where I watched some of the street performances and one huge bookstore that is Japanese owned, but I got lost in yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment