Monday, October 1, 2012

Euro tour Day 1 2011



 Euro tour day one

Tweed was wet when I left for Kuala Lumpur. While waiting for the plane I sat down to have a coffee and a strawberry slice and got stuck with a lady doing a survey.  I did get some money changed and the lady was jealous about my trip and was surprised when I told her the English did not like fifty pound notes and she had heard about that before.I did the survey and had found the internet was free to use instead of having to pay for it which was the case last year. The so called free wifi did not actually connect, so no free internet before going onto the plane. The flight seen me read one whole book and two magazines with around an hour to go. The flight was around 8 hours and that was full time reading with a stop for a meal. 

After landing I found that it was 32 degrees and a real summer than what we have been having at the moment. I was hot and sweaty when I reached the terminal from a long walk. The toilets had the longer line than the line for the immigration area, so I went there instead as I was the second person in line and I had to be fingerprinted too. Silly me didn’t read the sign and gave my thumb until the lady told me index fingers. It was plain sailing from that part and the loos at the baggage area were free too, so I did not have to wait in line. It seems my bag had a wardrobe malfunction and the bottom zipper where I have my socks, pants and electric razor had come undone. I only noticed when my razor fell out of my bag. It was easily fixed once I had a look and took the zipper back since it was locked. I think it was a little bit of rough housing from the handlers as the bag does weigh 17 kilos. One thing that was lucky after I had gotten to the hotel was a big nasty storm came along when I had finished eating dinner and luckily I did not go for a walk or else I would have been caught. I was going to go for a wander in the daylight, but it gets dark around 7pm and the storm was crackling and thundering away. I did after the rain had passed go for a wander and take some pictures of the area especially the india area which is not very far away. The only problem was my new boots seemed to be a little slippery on the pavers as I nearly went over several times. In the morning I am off to England where my bag will weigh less when I have to wear more clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment