Monday, October 22, 2012

Euro tour day 9



Euro tour day 9

Today was the trip to Cambridge that I had been looking forward to as i was meeting up with some friends, Lynne and Pip who I had met over Facebook and had met in person last year. I arrived early in the morning so I could get some sightseeing done before I met up with the ladies. I wandered around the city looking at several of the sights that I thought was interesting especially the castle mound, which is located at the Cambridge council offices. This is also where the BDM is located along with the Cambridge archives although I did not know this before.

When wandering back towards the town as I was going to meet my friends in the centre of town somewhere I took a turn down to where some markets were and was given the biggest surprise of my life after wandering down the street. I had found Kings College and the buildings were impressive. Several of the other colleges I had wandered into for a look and this was the only one at the time that the public was not allowed to enter. This did not worry me as just looking in from the outside was enough.

When I met up with Lynne, Jon and Pip we all wandered around the colleges and even looking inside the church of St Mary I think it was. It was an impressive church too. Along the way I had bought myself a laundry bag as it was something I was after although this is a student laundry bag. There was plenty of wandering around the town today and it was well worth it. There was some strange sights especially a group of women in black wearing sandwich boards against several things like the bomb and nuclear power. We spent most of the day in the city and it was around 4 pm by the time I had made it to the train station and onto a train. Although it wasn’t until just after 5.30pm that I was back in London and by this time it was dark.

It is cracker night although I am sore and tired after a long day in Cambridge so I decided to stay in. I did find the next weekend London has a large fireworks and marches on the Saturday so I should make it to that instead and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment