Monday, October 1, 2012

Euro tour Day 2 Part 1 and 2

Euro tour Day 2 Part 1 and 2



Got up early at 4.30 am as I wanted to be at the airport before the mass rush. Due to building around Sentral I had to visit the upper floor for the bus.Hot sweaty and all that, but at least it was dark. Also one of my eyelets holding my bag decided to let go. Not tearing just stretching so that it fell out and I will fix it soon as the edges look a little crumpled. No big problem there. I like getting the flight boarding tickets before leaving. It was funny when I was asked for the tickets for my return and away from London and I showed them my paris to Singapore, but they wanted to know the flight out of London, so i had to get the ticket to Nuremburg out. Oops. Looking for food is no easy task as the lines were long and slow. I decided it was better to go through immigration and get some supplies and a coffee. I have some food for the plane as it will be a 2 book journey. I have two books left. One is about Churchhill and war of the worlds. Not long enough for long flights. I will keep supplied with books as i go.
The weather does look wet here too and I do wonder what I will get before I land in London. The weather there looks good, but time will tell and hopefully they do not break my bag again.

Euro tour day 2 part 2

The plane trip was a long 13 hours from Kuala Lumpur to Gatwick. Sleep never found me and i was only cat napping for seconds at a time although so far in the trip I have had the aisle seats. I found a liking for black bean bread, which i took onboard. No one actually cares if you take food or water onto the plane and I have taken those everytime. I learnt my lesson the first flight to KL from the Gold Coast. The line was slow moving at the airport and it did take a while for me to get through like around an hour. I think the lady was trying to trip me up as I had said I was going to Singapore last and asked how long it took from Singapore. I told her I flew from Malaysia and it was 13 hours. Victoria station overwhelmed me at first and had to get my bearings for the underground and the rat race that was charging through. I was late to the Alice Cooper concert, but shouldn’t have worried as the cover band was playing. The room was full of people and I felt i was getting tired so stayed for half of Alice and went back for a shower and sleep. The show was not bad except for being warm, overcrowded and i had giants beside me and in front. You know you are tired when you start losing balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment