Friday, November 25, 2016

Wandering boots that wander tour: Day 19 Stationary in Whangarei





By the numbers
8 days in Whangarei
Nothing else recorded

 You cannot really have a travel blog going from Day 18 and then jumping to Day 20 without anyone wondering what happened in between.


The weather was meant to become really nasty today and was meant to stick around all weekend. It had gotten cloudy and I even put some washing out. I was keeping an eye on it in case the wind turned into rain and while having a coffee later with granny and Claude I was watching it get darker and then bolted outside to grab the clothes off the line as the rain came down. I leave for my next destination tomorrow of Kaitaia, which is north of Whangarei several hours.

I thought it would be good to have today s a rest day and to get some little bits of research done like sorting several things out for Waiheke island and to grab some records I am after for when I visit the National Archives in Auckland. Turns out Lewis Williams probate including will was online, but not indexed so I had to search the long way around. I am glad the National archives in New Zealand is doing something like this with the family search website. I am looking up the Waihi mining records for Claude as well when I get down there. Claude was telling me about his travels including showing me part of his diary of when he went in 1962 out towards Iran, Paris and Turkey. Amazing what you can find out about eventually. I will say this 8 day trip to Whangarei is actually the longest I have been here on a trip.

There are days that are needed to get some bits of research done and I think I have done some that I wanted to get done including a little bit of family history as well that will go into my vault of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment