Friday, November 18, 2016

Wandering boots that wander tour Day 12 Wandering to whangarei




By the numbers

1 very short blog
2 bus’
1721 steps
1.20kms
I spent the night clock watching as I had to be up by 430am for the 5am bus to Auckland. Turns out that the bus was 10 mins late, but I wasn’t bothered and it was a double Decker. The driver didn’t want to get out to put the bag in the back, but I got it to ride in the reserve section of the front seat, which I was happy with. Maybe someday I could have a go-pro on my bag. The sky was lightening up as we went. I was surprised the full bus from Wellington mostly piled off in Manukau City. Once we made it to Auckland I was happy to get a coffee and have a short wait for the bus that takes me north. There are always people not realising they have missed their bus or not really paying attention. Then there are those that don’t look at the run name on the front of the bus with destinations like Wellington or Tauranga via Thames. I guessed rightly the bus without the destination was my bus only because I have been doing this for a while now.

The biggest problem we had with the bus trip up was there would be no wifi leaving Auckland for some reason. I have been having more fun looking out the window to be honest. Once we were in Kaiwaka the wifi was working. The funny thing was I could pick up other signals including one that said ‘Wehaveviruses’. Well played whoever has that as their internet name within Auckland. The bus was actually running a touch late, although it could be the wet weather in the area as it did rain a few times on the journey up. The bus was at least half hour late getting into Whangarei not that I was in any hurry to get anywhere other than being picked up by Claude.

I think this would be one of the most restful days of my trip so far as I needed to do the washing and actually finished the book that I was reading called ‘The sword of Shannara’, an interesting read though happy to have finished it. I do want to read more of those books too. I did some washing and actually spent most of the afternoon relaxing with the book and updating my phone through the wifi. Still not turning data on even if I want to update people or if my phone wants me to do so. That can stay off until the day I fly back. I will be in Whangarei until next weekend, which means the real second part of my trip away will begin even if I am staying in my home town with family. There is always something to discover and I think I will find things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment