Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 7 Whirlwind from Whangarei to Auckland



Day 7 Whirlwind from Whangarei to Auckland

Today was the day that I would travel to Auckland by bus and a pitstop on my way to the Coromandal peninsula tomorrow. Well Coromandel Town that is where I will find some rich history in New Zealand. I am excited to be there in the morning after lunch as I can then sort out what I want to see.
Today was wet and windy again with heavy showers before I left for Auckland. Claude had put washing out and each time it was nearly dry then it would pour again. I was happy to be off again, but sad I was leaving my grandparents to embark on this new part to my tour of New Zealand. We did get a visitor in the form of an old family friend as Betty called in and we all chatted though it was good to catch up. We did have a roast lunch with the leftovers from the day before and we all did remark about time getting away from us.  I Know I was getting a little anxious as the time was nearing us to be leaving and I did catch myself doing a little bit of a pace and triple checking to see if I had left anything. I didn’t have long to wait for the bus either as it soon rocked up. I was happy to be on my way and it did rain part of the way down the coast to Auckland, it wasn’t too hot either as it was just nice. I did get a giggle as some people took down the sign for passengers not to go further than the sign as I think people wanted seats to themselves. The driver sent them up the front to other seats.

I did get another view of the super yacht once I came into Auckland and I was in the right seat, which made me happy. As I didn’t want to walk up hills again like the last few times I had to from Queen street as the hostel is up a steep street that kills you going up. I went the long way around via Pitt street and K’ Road. That was fun and loads easier for me with big bags on my back. I can go the other way to the bus as I am mostly going down hill though I could see what the other way is like. Once I checked in I went for a wander before dark. I did find the the old fire station built in 1902, which was later the St John ambo service building though now I think it was converted to something else. I found a computer repair shop that had heaps of Hello Kitty things and I had to take pictures. K’ road must be the entertainment district for adult entertainment as there seems to be a bit of that stuff there. I had a quick wander through the cemetery before having to get something to eat before heading back to the hostel.

I seem to be having internet issues at the hostel, but I don’t think it is my computer as I havnt had problems anywhere else and I did have come connectivity issues when I first came here. The computer connected with the wifi in Whangarei with no problems, so could be an Auckland issue, but I don’t like having problems like that. Its life though and you cant have everything at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment