Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 0 to Whirlwind tour of New Zealand



Day 0 to Whirlwind tour of New Zealand



I had a near full day at home sorting out what I needed before getting a lift to the airport. I did even have time to finish watching a movie and finish a book I was reading so I wouldn’t need to take it with me. I was over and hour early for checkin and I read a magazine with a coffee. When I did go to checkin I was sent to another line where it had Chinese tourists at the front getting their visas sorted. It was around 20 mins before the line actually moved with others being filtered off to another line to be sorted out. One lady going to Melbourne found out she was in the wrong line being in international. How you miss looking at two big international signs is beyond me, though I was the one who thought domestic could check me in when they did not though some had been sent to that area. I do wonder sometimes about Jetstar.  I even got to see the full body scanner and it was beautiful. I asked the customs lady if anyone ever said energise around it like in Star Trek and she said they muck around and be funny when no one is around. I never got into the scanner, but I do like the look of it in person. You also have to put your hands in the air like you are surprised or a mime behind glass.

The flight was uneventful and I got through customs pretty quickly on the New Zealand side. It was all cool though and is pretty warm here at 1am. I have to wait around 20 mins for the shuttle as the one I seen was going in the wrong direction. All is good though and at least I am now planted in New Zealand. At this time of morning all the shops in the airport seem shut. The hilarious part of walking into the airport was the sounds of New Zealand life and sheep were baaing as I walked past. Tourism NZ has outdone themselves again.

The fun ensued once I went to check into the hostel. The bloke wasn’t at reception and that was fine, no worries as he has work to do. I was given a room on the third floor and when I entered I found the room to be full. Down I went and more apologies I was given a private room. I am amused and never lost my temper. It never even rated on any scale from 1 – 10. I have a double bed and the morning is slowly approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment