Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 2 Whirlwind tour of New Zealand





Day 2 Whirlwind tour of New Zealand

It is still wet over here in the land of the long white cloud, but at least I feel more awake than I did yesterday. I needed a full night sleep to get everything sorted. I don’t have any plans for today other than going out to the library to help learn about the use of a kobo ereader. I didn’t mind going at all to do this as the same library had the research area for Northland family history research. It looked like the rain was going to clear up and I was thinking I could go for a walk too.

I did find the library had free wifi though it was to do with Whangarei council and you got half hour for free. We spent over half hour sorting out the kobo stuff and it was beyond me as I don’t use apple macs. I would know if I had a PC and was borrowing ebooks, but a different thing, nope. Something was wrong with the gateway and needed to be reset. I have never heard of this at all. I will play with this later to learn. I had a coffee with my grandpa and then went upstairs to do some research. I wanted to take pics of the ad I had seen last time and forgot which folder it was in. I thought it was a book, but nope was a folder. I found what I was after, but will need to do research in Kauri logging or location of some pubs in Northland.

Afterwards I had to go get a birthday card for granny as I somehow left it in Australia, but I did get a nice one. I thought I had packed it, but I cant find it in my bag. A look through the bookshop told me what books are around including a John Howard autobiography and Gangs of New Zealand. After lunch and a slight spell, Claude and I went to see uncle Don in the retirement village as he is in the ward for dementia patients. I think he remembered me, but it wasn’t too bad as we were told stories from the past and by the time we left the weather had set n again and it was starting to get dark too, so I wouldn’t be going for a walk. We did have fish and chips for dinner and the plan for tomorrow at the moment is to see the Waipu museum. I think it should be interesting. It wasn’t a busy day and did need a relaxing day where I wasn’t running around like a headless chook.

No comments:

Post a Comment