Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 6, whirlwind through Whangarei






Day 6, whirlwind through Whangarei 

Today not much happened other than I wanted to go for a wander and sort out other stuff like my washing as I had ran out of clothes. I wasn’t sure of the weather and I wanted to head out quickly before lunch. The walk I did end up going was to the Tikipunga football club as I never been that way before and I had been warned of roving youth. I just seen locals floating around mowing their lawns and that was it. I did look at what was supposed to be a reserve and it was just a scrubby open space. Never mind and I doubt anyone would disturb me since I had my polkadot brolly.

Once home I was surprised by uncle Don who was at Granny and Claudes for Sunday lunch. We were all listening to the All Blacks play Argentina. All Blacks won of course and next week they seem to be heading to South Africa. It was really nice to have a roast lunch before heading out after an hour to take Don back to the home. It was sad in the nursing home and I can see why they locked the door for the dementia patients as one of the men tried to escape, but couldn’t. He came and spoke to us in Dons room and I told him I don’t have the code and he wandered off only to come back several more times. I am guessing this is to be expected.

The washing did get sorted and was nearly dry when I took it indoors to dry properly before the fire as it had started to rain outside, surprise, surprise. I didn’t do much else other than help put some pictures onto computers and to read a book. Today was really sedate and I think needed to relax. I did find that this year is the 150th for the trains in New Zealand and I will arrive in Tauranga as they will have a display on that day. I am happy to catch up though with it and never knew about it until it came across the news. Every other place I miss it.

Tomorrow I am heading to Auckland as I am on the true part of my trip. Then from there I am going to the Coromandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment