Saturday, August 20, 2022

New Zealand 2022: Day 8 Memorial Day



 

Today there isn’t really a blog at all apart from doing family things that is the whole reason for this trip. The day that I had come to New Zealand had finally come. We had a memorial service for my grandmother who passed away 2 years ago and we were able to get to New Zealand now in that time.

 

It was a nice day weather wise, so I did have a quick look around the Maunu cemetery before having to do the service there and then headed out to Kamo Bowling club, which was also a nice time there with beer and finger food. I was able to meet some family members that I hadn’t met before and meet some old family friends. One was asking me about books and I had a good chat about books and the bookstore I visited.

 

I did do something I don’t usually do. I watched the Female All Blacks game in Christchurch on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment