Thursday, August 25, 2022

New Zealand 2022: Day 13 Rainy Whangarei



By the numbers

5.08 kms

6719 steps

The weather was true to the word from the weather report that it was going to be a wet day. At times the rain was nearly horizontal as it came down, and while I wanted to go somewhere I didn’t want to get wet either. I thought we could visit the local Museum at Kiwi North, but it was actually closed for the day so that plan was kaboshed pretty quickly. It would have been interesting to go, but getting wet wouldn’t be what I wanted.

 

I decided I could just watch some shows on my computer when everyone else went out. By late afternoon the weather had cleared up enough that it had stopped raining, but it was late enough that we couldn’t really go very far before it got dark. I went for a walk around the block to Whangarei Falls. The water was pumping through, but along the way I found a random park with the name of Jeeves. I had to really look for the entrance as it was just a footpath between houses. There were several swings and that was it in the park. I did find something new. They are building a new walking track that takes you around Whangarei Falls and I could only go so far as a new bridge had a barrier in front of it so you couldn’t walk over. Sure I walked over the top of the orange bunting used to keep people out, but I wanted to see where it went. I think it should be a great walk instead of having to walk down to the base of the falls. I needed to stretch my legs and get out. It did have that look it was going to rain again when I returned to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment