Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 20. Whirlwind home



Day 20. Whirlwind home

I didn’t get that much sleep on after I had gone to bed as I seemed to be clock watching the entire time. I did get some sleep and was ready for the super shuttle bus that would take me to the airport. I was happy to find a book I had forgotten to pack that was nearly under my bed. It was just after 3am that I was up and about sorting my bags and bed out before wandering downstairs. The shuttle arrived 10 mins early and I was able to check in and be across into the waiting area well before boarding time. My bag only weighed 17 kilos and I did shove my jacket inside so I didn’t have something extra to carry around. I had thought it would have weighed more with several of the books I had bought.

It is amazing the amount of people who were not at their flight at boarding time, who were being off loaded. I would hate to think how many people were ignoring the calls. I did hear one whole family get called. It would be interesting to be around when the people are being told they cant board their plane as they were too late in getting to their gate in time. The book I was reading on the plane was about Kauri, which I found to be interesting, although it isn’t finished yet. There was not much waiting around and I did have a wander through the duty free items and not too interested in what I seen although I did buy some alcohol on the Auckland side and will go from there

The flight was easy and routine though I did take my boots off and was happy to have them off. One of the flight attendants was talking about the previous flight to New Zealand being full and this one was not very full at all due to school holidays finishing for New Zealand. I nodded off several times, but not for very long at all. I was happy to have landed, but it was not very hot as I was lead to believe, but at least I had one happy dog that greeted me once I jumped into the car. It is always great to be home from a decent holiday and to see some country that I have not seen before. I have some places that I do want to visit another time especially after going past the towns while on the bus. I hopefully have them committed to memory and will see how I go when I do look into the research at a later date.

Home means I have to go back to work and to clean up my travels stuff as well. It also means I can reflect on what to do next and talk to family members who make suggestions as to where I end up next time like overseas or explore the current country you are living in. The real world wants me back and I have to honour that request or else I might not be well liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment