Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 16, Whirlwind of fury in Auckland






Day 16 Whirlwind to Auckland.

The weather in Hamilton was wet, windy and very cold. It was raining when I went to get breakfast and when I left the hostel it had actually stopped raining the entire time I was walking to the bus. The bus ride was very uneventful and we had no pit stop though I think that was what Hamilton actually was as we went right through Rangiriri. It wasn’t raining in Auckland, but it was blustery. I walked in the cold wind to the hostel and I had a lady with her grandkids ask me where I was going and I told her especially since we were heading for K’road. I think she was amazed I was walking fast in the wind. I wanted to tell the boy with the Ferrari blazer that I was beating him and I was a volkswagon hahaha. I didn’t and I went off on my way. I couldn’t go anywhere as I had to check in at 2pm and I went shop looking. I did also book a ticket to see Wicked the musical.

Once I was able to be placed in my room, I went back out to visit the MJ Savage memorial. I was actually upgraded the room again, which I really love to a two bed dorm. I suspect my roomie is a woman, not that it is any problem of mine. Just getting the bus ticket was interesting as there are two cards. They are phasing one out, but seems to be utter chaos. I have to use two different cards for certain bus and the train. I do find this to be a little strange and wont be happy if I cant hit Motat tomorrow with my card. I caught the bus alright, but had no problems with the card at all. I actually got off at the wrong bus stop, which was Kelly Taltons and not further along in Mission Bay, but I still made it to the hill with Savages memorial. I am not sure if he is actually buried there or not. He was the first Labour prime minister in New Zealand. My camera stopped working again and this time it was actually in need of batteries. I am happy they have lasted this long and I did have spares with me. I had a quick walk through Mission Bay and did like the look of the area even if it was a little windy there, but I again found the bus and headed off.

Once I got back to my I sorted stuff out before I had to go to see Wicked. Turns out my roomie is a woman and turns out to be a little bit of fun for the night. She isn’t happy that I am sharing the room and she went down stairs to reception to speak with them. They said no to changing rooms as everything is fully booked out and that it was in the booking system when she booked that it was a mixed dorm she was in. I spoke up and said that i hadn’t come across the part with a two bed room being a mixed room. Seeming satisfied she went back and I headed to the musical. The show I had seen before in Melbourne and did love it back then. This time I was closer to the front and seen plenty more of what was happening. Once I got back to the room my roomie wanted me to swap rooms with her ‘friend’. I said you would have to speak to reception before trying that and I vanished to the TV lounge to do some computer stuff there. I went down to reception and spoke to them and they said if she causes trouble that I can go to a new room on my own. I told them I don’t want to be moved from room to room as it would be annoying. I went back to my room after more chilling in the TV lounge and headed down. She had vacated the room, stripped her bed, but left her stuff. She went to sleep in the same room as her ‘friend’. I went down to the reception to let them know and we were laughing about the whole episode. I said I have a room to myself and thanked the guys, though I did mention religion as a reason, but they said she is in a western country so should know. Well my day has been exciting even though I never knew it would take this turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment