Monday, May 20, 2019

Wandering boots tour Part 2: Singapore to Frankfurt



By the numbers
Walked 9.49kms – Changi Airport
It was a little bit of a hike in terminal 3 for my plane, but I made sure I was early and was waiting when the security guys turned up. I had filled a bottle of water only to find that I had to empty it as it was a security checkpoint. The change airport immigration into the terminals is really easy, but before boarding each plane you have to head through security.

The plane was not actually that full at all. I had nearly an entire row to myself and I was happy to take my boots off each time I sat down. 13 hours on a plane is long enough to wear shoes. I was watching movies the entire time I was on the plane and I got some sleep, but it wasn’t that much. I was able to fill my bottle up on the plane after asking the hostess and she was happy to do so. I was happy that they seemed to look after everyone especially when they had plenty of muffins. The movies I watched included Deadpool once upon a time, Bumblebee and an Astrerix movie.

By the time the plane landed in Frankfurt it was wet and apparently around 14 c. Flights had been cancelled due to weather and there were suggestions of getting the train to the other locations.. I had no problem getting through the gate even if I was asked why I was coming to Germany and for how long. The train ride was easy too as I had wondered about that. I found it to be easy so far and it got me to the main station.

The fun fact about the area I am staying in is the Red Light district with clubs lining the street and I got caught by a lady who started chatting to me outside one such club. There were three people outside and the guy sitting outside told me I could look for free. I promised that I would be back later. I really don’t think they realised the bags I had were heavy and I had only just arrived. The lady said  she liked my accent. I did prtomise once I dropped my bags off that I would visit. The hostel was pretty easy to find and while it has the bare minimum, it is somewhere to sleep and I have a treasure chest that locks. Tomorrow I shall jump onto the tram and explore the city and hopefuilly the weather improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment