Friday, April 19, 2024

New Zealand Express: Day 5 Relaxing Whangarei



 

The weather seems to have started cooling down and while the days are warm, the night here has started getting cooler. Give it another couple of months or less and it will be full on winter. I decided to stay in this morning and go through some family records as I kept finding things stashed in unlikely places.

 

I came across a few of my grand mothers records including an old drivers license from the around the 1950s I think. All hand written and nothing digital. The one thing that turned me off was going through a container of photo albums and finding a dried out mummified sparrow. At first I thought it was a bookmark. It wasn’t a bookmark and I removed it from the house quick smart. That really turned me off and I couldn’t get the thought out of my head. I put everything back where I found it. That was a nope, nope, nope moment. I did come across old film canisters and slides, things that would be difficult to make copies of, but not impossible.

 

Not much really happened apart from moving a family member from the hospital to a care facility that turned out to be pretty huge, as they will be there temporarily until something opens up with availability in the care facility of their choice where they will be looked after. I got to see another side of Whangarei I hadn’t seen before and it was interesting. I did end up with something I had been craving since I been in New Zealand, and that was their roast meals. I tend to love them when I am here, that is when you can find them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment