Monday, April 15, 2024

New Zealand express: Day 1 To Auckland



I had decided due to a sick family member to make a trip to New Zealand for a week as I thought it was wise after some thought off work. It is amazing how thoughts are collected and decisions made when there is a long wide road ahead of you amongst the traffic. With the decision made and chores completed, I had booked the flight to Auckland and Whangarei within hours of leaving.

 

I had packed in record time as I only had several hours before I was picked up. I was sure there would be something missing along the line and once I arrived at the airport I was aware of exactly what it was. I had left some public travel cards behind even though I wouldn’t be using them as I was going to be elsewhere, but still good to know. I was half hour early and a random Jetstar guy asked if people were going to New Zealand. I put up my hand and he responded by telling me I could check in. I had already checked around 10 mins before. I had the same message that I was early. The same Jetstar guy realised his mistake when he asked where I was going and then fumbled his delivery by saying that he meant Christchurch. Riiiight, I believe that one. I actually had no problems getting through the airport and past the border security, which I was happy with.

 

The flight was actually one that would get me into Auckland late, so I was staying there overnight and then flying to Whangarei the next day. The flight was like every other flight, but it wasn’t a full flight, which was lucky for me as it meant I was able to get off quicker. Though a trip to the toilet meant everyone had vanished. I had to declare medication that wasn’t mine and it wasn’t something I wanted to get into trouble for. I got a line to go through as I had become confused as I had to go to line 4 and I asked a lady, who told me I go through 4, and go around and then exit through lane 0. Clear as mud. I went through the designated lane and then had to explain the medication. I had no idea, but it was a prescription, and I explained the circumstances. One of the ladies said it was hard as she would have to travel back to India from New Zealand to be with family. I ended up going back through a loop that sent me towards line 0 where they marked me off. Then through an exit lane with a Beagle who sniffled past and I stopped the handler. I asked if she had luggage tags and she directed me to some others. Unfortunately they are really popular, but I can have cards instead. I thanked them as they were better than nothing and just as cool.

 

The exit awaited me and then I had freedom. The freedom of the airport meant I was headed to the hotel. I was up on the 10th floor and will be enjoying a nice night. I knew there were changes made at the airport, so I went to look at where the bus services now left. That is a whole new area instead of out the front of the terminal. I basically did a lap of the hotel before I went back inside as everything was basically closed for the night except for a 130am Jetsar fright that was late in leaving for somewhere. I should say very, very late as they did say sorry. I will await the next day and see what happens.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment