Thursday, April 18, 2024

New Zealand Express Day 4: More Whangarei



 

By the numbers:

9.42kms

11,936 steps

 

My plan was a simple one as I had my alarm set, I was going to walk down to the shops for breakfast and pick up some food from the shops as well after I had done a big walk. It never worked out like that as I looked out the window and it was dark, so I thought the sky being dark also meant it was going to rain. An hour later I looked out and the sky was clear, so that probably just meant that it was dark and nothing else.

 

My walk took me from the back of the high school as I had done that part of the walk following the river to Vinegar Hill Road that went up to an area of that same name, but I was heading towards the shops in the other direction. It was a nice enough day to do some walking and time was actually running out for me. I found the main shopping centre from another direction and was pretty easy to find actually especially when you basically pop out of a street and what you want it just over the road. I did some shopping, and then stopped for a coffee. On the way back to the house, I stopped for a pie and a bun, but found I couldn’t use credit or paywave. The ATM down the road wasn’t the bank linked one so I couldn’t use that. A phone call later and some cash was delivered, then I was able to grab the pie that I had held for me. That was an interesting experience as I didn’t want to be dishonest and just walk away.

 

Later on we had a drive around town for an appointment where afterwards  we visited the hospital While there I got to see the helicopters land and take off from the building opposite the ward, which was pretty cool to see. That is part of this particular journey even though I have done other things in between visits. I havnt been in one area for too long really. After the visit it was starting to get dark and we had to go visit the shops for some stuff, which I had a browse within the Warehouse basically like Kmart, but a New Zealand version.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment