Thursday, June 20, 2024

Singapore sling tour



 

This journey to Singapore has been a year in the making with an addition I had not expected. I wanted to visit Singapore for my birthday and be elsewhere for once basically being somewhere different. Mum asked if she could come along and I agreed as it would be interesting for someone who hasn’t been further than New Zealand to experience somewhere completely new.

 

The preparation of this Singaporian journey is more relaxing than my last whirlwind trip to New Zealand as I had to get ready to fly within hours, forgetting some things along the way. All on which were a minor problem.

Several days before I leave, I have already sorted out my declaration card, set my flight to auto check in, mostly packed my bag, printed off my itinerary, I even know some of the movies being played on the aircraft. Devices are being charged and looked at to be in working condition

 

There is still a to do list before leaving, but I seem to be the chief organiser and don’t really want to leave anything for the last minute. Somehow I am thinking this entire trip will become a gastronomic tour with a good friend showing us the best foodie type places, where I will have to be rolled onto the plane home.

 

Yes, there is also the planned visit to Raffles for a Singapore Sling. Before the epic journey, there is the mandatory reality check of going to work before any of the final preparation. I do have the day off so I am not rushing around. This time the trainlines are shut down due to track works so I know this before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment