Monday, June 24, 2024

Singapore Sling tour: Day 1 Long flight to Singapore



By the numbers

1 plane

15 kilo bag

2 people

We were a late night flight out of Brisbane and we ended up at the airport pretty early, where we had dinner and a little wait before we could drop our bags off. The long term airport parking got us in straight away as we turned up. It wasn’t a huge drama to print things off, but we had a soap opera that built up. I could print off my bag tag and boarding pass, but mum tried 3 times until I took over. Magic touch until bag drop came around and somehow it tried scanning mum’s boarding pass and didn’t like the bag being weighed. I was starting to panic and worry until it fixed itself somehow. Now I was worried it wouldn’t follow me to my destination. Once through to customs I couldn’t find my passport as it somehow ended up in another bag pocket.

 

We waited around for the plane to board and it was boarding by class and rows. In we went and it didn’t even feel like a plane as I couldn’t tell that we were picking up speed until we took off. I found the movies that I wanted to watch, although I ended up watching one and later on two parts. I was sitting in an aisle seat and kept being bumped by everyone walking past, but I got enough rest along the way to survive getting to Singapore. Once we landed it turned out we had to walk from one end of the terminal 4 to the other and it was a huge terminal. It seemed to go on forever, but we made it to the near empty immigration hall. I gave a thumbs up to the lady who asked if I had filled out the arrivals card. I got a thank you for acknowledging her work. Our bags were going around the bag claim on approach, so I got mine and mum waited for hers to arrive.

 

I had to make sure we got the right train to the correct station and turned out the cost of travel was $!.20. We met up with a friend, Dawn who turned up for breakfast and we made plans for the time we are there. Though I did edit plans afterwards. The good thing was we were told we could check in early at around 10am. That came quick and we got out bags stowed and I had a sleep. I ended up waking mum up to go sight seeing. Off to Raffles Place we went. We explored some of the area including The Merlion and Marina Bay sands. Singapore was getting to know how to do its National day, with time in advance. I had never walked through Stamford place, and that was interesting with red carpets. We ended up following streets back to Raffles place, and we ended up lost. Up and down several escalators and people were still in a hurry.

 

After getting back to our rooms we rechearged and then went out to a condo for dinner with Dawn. The security guard was confused, and turned out to be just in our bags. We made our way to Dawn, where we had dinner by the pool. We were going to swim, but we dint have enough towels for that. It was pretty easy going outside and the weather stayed fine luckily.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment