Friday, June 12, 2015

Kapital Tour Day 6 From Canberra to Sydney



Kapital Tour Day 6 From Canberra to Sydney

Today I got up early to head to the bus that would take me to Sydney from the city of Canberra. This would be the last leg of my whirlwind tour though I did enjoy Canberra and found it to be an interesting city especially of several different extremes. I wasn’t exactly sure how long it would take for me to get to the bus, but it was around a 15 min walk and that was it. I was able to get food while I waited and was happy that I only had around an hour before the bus left. There was plenty to watch on the TV.  Once we got onto the bus I found we could have free wifi and also USB ports to charge our devices that I never knew about until after I had boarded and my luggage was stowed away. I could have kept the phone charged, but that wasn’t necessary. Part of the ride did show there was plenty of fog around until we reached Sydney and then it seemed to be cloudy for a little while.

Once I got to the city I got myself a multipass where I can get unlimited travel on certain public transport though I can go to Parramatta and Manly, which is part of the plan. I am staying in The Rocks so went to check in only to find the room was not ready yet and I had several hours so I would take the bus to meet up with a friend in Paddington, Dawn. I jumped onto one of the bus services that would head through Paddington on the way to Bondi. I realised part way though that I was partially lost and had no idea where I was other than going through the back streets of Kings Cross. I jumped off when some lady on the bus jumped off in what I thought to be Paddington. I thought if I were to get out of the twisting streets I would have to make my way to the top of the main street to get there. I passed what I thought to be Margaret Olleys place though there are just many places to look at and I had contacted Dawn to let her know I was in the area. I found I was not too far off as I was turned up at the Paddington Reservoir.

Once I met up with Dawn and had coffee with a short break where we chatted for a little bit and I was off again as I had to check into my room since I had been too early before and the room had not been ready before. It never took long by bus to get down to Circular Quay. Once I had my bag in the room I wanted to do something that I had never done before. I wanted to walk across the bridge, but had to find where the footpath was. The walk does have a name and its the Cahill walk. While walking across I did notice several security type people who were standing at certain points though I have no idea why they were actually there as there were one at either and one in the middle. I wandered around the North Shore though I ended up at Kirribilli House where I had been once before though I probably could have saved the ferry ride. I did wander through Luna Park just on dark though it looked really nice with the lights shining. I was fascinated by the people who seemed to be late for their rides as they are always running and not thinking there is another bus later on.

As it had gotten dark I had to find my way back across the bridge though I walked back as I didn’t know if the train would go to Circular Quay or I had to catch several trains instead. The hostel was actually just across the road from the access path that I could take so I will be curious to see if I could walk that same way with the Cahill walk to the Botanic gardens. I have found that Sydney is way warmer than what Canberra was. By the time I crossed the bridge I stopped for dinner and then went back to my room. It had been an early start though tomorrow I am still wondering if I should head to Parramatta or Manly though will see what happens in the morning and what the weather tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment