Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kapital Tour Day 10 – All things must come to an end



Kapital Tour Day 10 – All things must come to an end

Today was it. The last day on the trip that was a flash tour through two cities and I was happy to say that I had done well indeed by finding plenty of things to do. I am that sort of tourist who doesn’t sit and relax, but jumps out and explores. The morning found me wandering around a little bit of The Rocks and Dawes Point searching for the old ferry landing that had been on that side of the harbour. I found the location of where the ferry was and its really walk past and not even realise what it was under the shadow of the Harbour Bridge. The Garrison Church was closed for renovations until July so that couldn’t be visited. I did find the Dawes Point gun battery though I had thought it was covered up by the works the builders were doing on the bridge making sure it is alright. This took me right up to the time I had to leave to collect my bag from the room as I had to checkout. I didn’t need to be at the airport until around 12pm so I had plenty of time.

Once I checked out of the hostel I decided to upload the pictures from the camera to my external Hard Drive so then I would not really have to do so later. After that was done I uploaded onto Youtube another video that I had made. It took a little bit though it was still taking up time before I had to leave. Once I left the building I made sure I would be alright and not fall over down any slippery steps. There was a tour I could not merge in as it was all school kids being taken through. I doubt I would become one with that group at all. I ended up next to the Contempory Arts museum where I checked out the cottage and William Bligh. I was happy to be heading towards the airport on the last day that I had in the city. At least I was not leaving in the early AM to get home. There was a very noisy crane that was working on pier 5 at Circular Quay and once they did stop they were nice enough to apologise for making so much noise. I thought that was pretty cool for someone to be in the city though I was quick to catch the train to the airport.

Once at the airport and I checked in saying no to a seat on the exit row on the computer I had to wait half an hour before I could put my main bag in. Luckily there was plenty to do and some reading to catch up on. Once I was done and through, it was then I had found the weather had turned and it was raining at the airport. I had lunch and found where I had to go quite easily. The plane was a little bit late from Cairns, but I was not worried at all. The flight did not take long and I found the weather was wet back home too. It was good to be back after a short trip away and I got to meet a few people. I think I made full use of my multipass that I got so that I could use on the trip. I have found hiring a bike will help with the quickness of getting around distances that you will take a while in getting around on foot. The Nations capital is like a big country town on a long weekend and people literally vanish unlike Sydney and other cities. I think winter is sometimes the best time to visit some areas especially as heat wears you out quickly. At least it was this trip that I was having computer problems and not anything longer as I would have been stuck if the computer deteriorated any further. My blog word file would not open on the netbook, but works on my home computer so that shows there is a problem somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment