Saturday, December 2, 2023

New Zealand 2023: Day 14 Relaxing Whangarei



By the numbers

5.67 kms

7,102 steps

After a restful sleep, well early to bed as I wasn’t well there were several times that I got up during the night, but I was feeling lots better and without a headache. Just a little stuffy in the sinuses, but overall happy that I was staying where I am as I am unsure if I could have handled another day in Auckland being that unwell let alone with a migrane . I started setting things up like my computer as I wasn’t well enough the day before to sort that out. I think my brain would have exploded the day before if I attempted to. The day today was one of those for taking it easy and the weather was something that you never know what could happen as it was cloudy, but might not rain at all.

 

We had an arrival of a family member from Kerikeri who was bringing firewood down and I helped with that in getting it off the ute. Three of us working together made pretty quick work even if I got myself a little stuck between wood and the ute in the garage. At least it got done. Later in the afternoon I went for a walk to the waterfall and to see if the path that was being built last time had been finished. I soon found that it had been finished. It had and went to the new estate just past the Whangarei waterfall that was being built last time as well. It was a nice little walk. Even though I wasn’t feeling 100%, I thought the short walk around the park at the top of the falls and back to where I was staying would be enough.

 

Once I got back, I watched some videos and even looked at the random band I had picked up in CD form the other day as they looked interesting. The band is actually a New Zealand one and did a tour in Australia while i was in New Zealand. Kind of funny when you think about it. Claude had to visit the shops and I thought since we are going there, I should get a new water bottle as the one I am drinking would be carrying bugs from my cold and don’t want to keep sharing them once I get home. I was looking at the details to my flight on Monday to Auckland and then my main flight on Tuesday as to the bag limits, and found that I would be able to bring home everything I got as the weight for both is 23 kilos, and not 20. I just have to adjust my bag tomorrow and pack it properly for travel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment