Friday, December 1, 2023

New Zealand 2023: Day 13 off to Whangarei



The day didn’t start too well as I came down with something that included a migrane that stuck around all day. The best part is that today I was heading to Whangarei by bus and would be out of the hostel and in my grandpas place, where I can recover from whatever it was that I had come down with. It could be due to the fact I was staying in a dorm this once as I have no idea where I want to stay in Auckland now. I also tore a hole in my shorts, but luckily no one noticed.

 

I made sure I was at the bus stop early as I couldn’t sleep, so was around 40 mins early and happy to wait. The bus turned up and the driver started reading off names to Kaitaia as thats the last stop as they all have to transfer to another bus from Kerikeri. People were not paying attention when the driver read off destinations as half way through people for Kerikeri or Kaitaia would show up. The driver was obviously not impressed with some of the people, and it wasn’t a language barrier either. We ended up being around 20 mins late leaving, but that was alright. For most of the journey I dozed as I was both tired and not feeling well at all. I do like the bus lanes they have that are basically roads for bus’ to transport terminals that cars cant use. I don’t think I really seen those before. Some of the stops like in Warkworth seems to have changed again, so I don’t know why that is as it was outside of town.

 

We pulled up to Whangarei and it was good to be off the bus. Though basically after I got back to the house I had to lie down due to my head splitting. I caught up with much needed sleep and some washing at the same time that dried off. The sun had come out and it was the hottest that I had ever felt it during my entire trip away so far. Hopefully I will feel better the next day once I have had some decent sleep, and then go from there.

 

I did weigh the extra stuff that I had bought so far as I thought my 14 kilo bag might be a touch over weight as I had trouble fitting everything in my bag. Turns out to be another 6 kilos and the heaviest are books. That would do it every time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment