Friday, April 11, 2014

Thoughts on future travels to Victoria



In June I plan to travel to 3 locations in Victoria, which are Melbourne, Bendigo and Ballarat. The states capital would have everyone understanding due to the culture and my interest in history. There are many areas I would like to explore and I do know some locals that would love to show me those nooks and crannies of a beautiful city that I have not found before. In the past I have been to the shot tower that is located near the old Melbourne Goal where Ned Kelly was hanged. The museum of course, but not the Victoria museum I think it is called. I don’t have any plans yet other than try and get to Puffing Billy and to explore the city. I do have places to go and that will take my time up considerably. Plus Melbourne is a great base from anywhere including airports.

Bendigo and Ballarat are mainly for the gold mining in the area as they are both rich in history. Ballarat happens to be the location of the Eureka Stockade and the flag happens to be in the local museum. There is plenty to see and I think the same would be with Bendigo as well. I do think Bendigo would have plenty to offer too. I am going to a talk, but hopefully that will be a night thing and not a day. I am going to do my own thing, but have had offers to visit the pubs and I do hope people mean for meals.

The weather I have no idea about, but I will have plenty of warm gear and wet weather gear as well. The transport will be trains that are used often and like Sydney, I will learn what the public transport in Melbourne is like. Winter will be brutal for a northerner. There is still plenty of research to do of the trip I am going to go on.

1 comment: