Saturday, December 17, 2016

Wandering boot tour of New Zealand: Final thoughts






I am quite surprised by the amount of walking I actually did get done on the last trip away to New Zealand. In the last 8 days of my trip I had done at least 116.56 Kms. If you take the 7kms off before the 8th day to make it the 7 days and then you still have an amazing amount of kilometres under my belt. That would be nothing compared to what I could do if I end up on one of the many walking trails in New Zealand like say the Queen Charlotte track. My next trip I am wanting to do motorcycles kilometres instead if I can hire a Spyder when I am wanting to. I do like going on trips on my own and it is really interesting when the guys in my room don’t even notice that I am there when I leave early and arrive back late in the afternoon or early evening.

The surprising thing is that I bought my current walking boots just after 2012. The previous boots self destructed when I went camping with family and friends out at Gin Gin in Queensland. I am glad I ended up getting actual hiking boots instead of going again with steel capped work boots. I doubt I would have had been able to do the amount of walking I had been doing on the last several tours or my normal trips away. I just do random walking trails and wherever I end up wanting to go within reason that is.

I seem to gather more equipment and I was offered a Drone, although I have to wonder while I am tripping around what use I would get for a device. I think a gopro camera would do me well since I have started taking video of my wanderings in parts to see what happens and I try to do my history videos that I am unsure if people actually do watch. Still its just for fun and I think I would get more use from a camera on my bike. The Marine Rescue has a Gopro camera where they all tend to forget we have one and that means we do not wear it anywhere. I have not known anyone to use it. My current travel computer is going strong still even when I figure out the little problems like the downloading updates and the vanishing space that happens to be the cloud server that is Dropbox. My latest phone is doing wonders as a camera and a better one than the bigger camera I do have. I just need to get the data bundle so that I can have no problems overseas with the internet.

The only problem I seem to have is eating all the wrong types of food, but I am making sure I maintain my energy levels, but that could be the wrong way of going about it all. I make sure I have water and even muesli bars to keep me going in case I dont go near a shop as I have been hit hard like that before. I had been worried about running out of money due to eating out all the time and trying not to eat fried chicken or other bad foods. It all works out in the end. Pokeno Ice cream anyone? 12 scoops and I could have gone the 20, but I think I have done stranger things before.

There will be other trips away in the meantime as I am still wanting to visit Adelaide around June just for a week if not less. That gives me time to save some money and sort out my bike that is a nice green Spyder as I want to take it for some decent rides in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment